Last weekend I got to escape the muggy Cleveland weather for Santa Monica, California! I went with a girl I met at work, we found a killer deal on flights and decided to book it about one month out. We found a airbnb in Santa Monica that was right near the beach, and very reasonably priced for the area!
It was my first time back to LA in 4 years, and I really missed it! The palm trees, sunshine, and beautiful people EVERYWHERE! I already want to go back.
It was too cold to lay out on the beach most days, so we opted for some cool rooftop bars! Heres a list of some places to go when you’re in LA that you will love:
- The Standard – they had the coolest rooftop pool/bar area with super comfy couches to lounge on! Really cool vibes!
- Skybar – get a beautiful view of LA at this outdoor pool! Besides some of the bitchy servers, and topless old woman it was the perfect spot to grab a drink and get your tan on!
- Gracias Madre – it was Cinco de Mayo so we wanted to hit up a mexican place and sip on a margarita 😉 randomly found by using google maps and it turned out to be amazing! They had a really good mariachi band, the people watching was great– pretty sure I saw my “future husband” in there 😉
- SUR – Duhhh! I’m a huge vanderpump rules and housewives fan, guilty!! Didn’t get to see my girl Lisa, but it was a really cool vibe!
- E.P & L.P. – grabbed some drinks on the rooftop bar, really nice spot if you’re in West Hollywood! Plus, the manager, Jake, is the hottest guy I’ve ever seen..
- Back on the Beach Cafe – located in Santa Monica, and walking distance from our airbnb, this was the cutest place right on the beach! We liked it so much we went twice 🙂